Rack Extension for Reason
The ideal companion for Kong
The Grid64g Rack Extension is a gate step sequencer device which is perfect for triggering Kong, Redrum and sampler devices like the NN-19 or NN-XT. It features:
- 16 independent channels capable of outputting gate with velocity and quantized bipolar CV values
- 32 steps matrix with independent control over the rate and the length of the pattern for each channel
- various pattern edit functions, including randomize, shift left and right, and clear
- 16 scenes with the ability to copy, paste and delete scenes
- solo and mute of channels
- recording of solo, mute and scene changes in the main sequencer
- scene CV In and Out to chain several devices together for more complex sequencing arrangements
Hands on fun
The central part of the device UI is composed of a matrix of 64 buttons which can be programmed from a supported 8×8 grid MIDI controller.
Grid64g can be currently used with any of the Novation Launchpad controllers, Ableton Push, Maschine Jam, with more to come. Once your controller is set up in Reason, programming the device becomes a fast, intuitive and fun experience. Switch patterns live and record your performance straight into the Reason sequencer.
Download the trial from the Reason Studios Shop and get the Remote Files below to set up your midi controller in Reason.